Camp Etna A spiritual summer camp run by the Etna Spiritualist Association
Our services have three parts: Healing Service, a lecture on a spiritual topic, and Spirit Communication through Mediumship.
The Healing Service gives you the opportunity to receive healing energy that is channeled through one of our Healers. This is a very calming experience, whether you choose to sit in a healing chair or remain in your seat in the Temple.
The Lecture covers a variety of topics ranging from Spiritualist history or spiritual insights and ideas. It may also includes examples of how Spiritualism plays a part in our daily lives, providing guidance and upliftment.
Spirit Communication through Mediumship is the part of the service where a medium proves that “…the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death." The medium might be a member of our camp or visiting from another the Spiritualist church in the country or abroad. While there is only enough time during a service for a few people to receive messages from their deceased loved ones, everyone present benefits from the messages and by witnessing proof of the continuation of life.
Messages From Spirit Services
These provide attendees with a gallery-like message experience. The medium(s) provide messages to as many attendees as possible and depending on the attendance everyone may receives a message from Spirit.At the conclusion of the service everyone is invited to our social hour for coffee and conversation.
Lyceum: A weekly Sunday school will be offered at 1:30 pm. A schedule of lessons is available here.
Prayer for Spiritual Healing
This prayer is said before all healing services.
"I ask the great unseen healing force to remove all obstruction from my mind and body and restore me to perfect health.
I ask this in all sincerity and honesty, and I will do my part.
I ask this great unseen healing force to help both present and absent ones who are in need of help and to restore them to perfect health.
I put my trust in the love and the power of God."
Please send your healing requests to us to be included in our healing prayers.
Spiritualist Declaration of Principles
In Spiritualism we have no dogma or creed, but we do have a set of 9 principles that we try to use in our daily lives. These are:
1. We believe in Infinite Spirit and that God is Infinite Spirit.
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, is the expression of Infinite Spirit.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression, and living in accordance therewith, constitutes true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of an individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you, do ye also unto them.”
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual and that they make their own happiness or unhappiness as they obey or disobey Nature's physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed to any human soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm the precepts of prophecy and healing are divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
About Camp Etna and Spiritualism
We have been a spiritualist camp ground since 1876. As Spiritualists we try to live our lives by our nine principles. Our church services offer music, a lecture, hands on healing and mediumship.
While anyone is welcome to visit camp, membership is reserved for active spiritualists.
Etna Spiritualist Association 77 Stage Rd. Etna, Maine 04434 (207) 269-2094 Copyright 2017 Etna Spiritualist Association All Rights Reserved.